New government legislation means that MyTax is no longer processing standard personal tax refunds for salary/wage/benefit earners; Inland Revenue will be automatically calculating and paying these refunds from April 2019 onwards. Please only reapply with MyTax if one of the following situations applies to you, otherwise please contact Inland Revenue directly.
- You have not applied for a tax refund in New Zealand before
- You have received scheduler/withholding payments after 1st April 2018
- You have permanently departed New Zealand after 1st April 2018
- You have arrived into New Zealand after 1st April 2018
- You have received additional income such as Rental, Self-Employment or Income Without Tax after 1st April 2018
- Inland Revenue have advised you that you need to file an IR3 return for 2019