STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT OF MYTAX.CO.NZ LIMITED
1. AUTHORITY TO OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM THE IRD
I give authority for the tax agency MyTax.co.nz Limited to link my details with IRD to their agency client list and for MyTax.co.nz Limited to act as my tax agent for all purposes associated with the preparation of my Personal Tax Summaries (“PTS”) and tax returns until I request otherwise.
I acknowledge that this gives MyTax.co.nz Limited authority to do all of following:
- link my Inland Revenue number to their client list and if I already have a tax agent I understand that I will be delinked from my previous agent’s list.
- obtain information from Inland Revenue in regards to all my tax types including Income Tax, Student Loan, Working for Families and Rebates and all tax matters by any IRD contact method available such as telephone, internet, fax, info express and all E services.
- To sign PTS/tax returns on my behalf
2. DISCLAIMER BY MYTAX.CO.NZ LIMITED
MyTax.co.nz Limited has relied upon the information submitted by the taxpayer and provided to it by the Inland Revenue Department. Therefore MyTax.co.nz Limited does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the material from which the Tax Returns/PTS’s have been prepared. I agree that I am liable for any payment required by the IRD as a result of MyTax.co.nz Limited filing my tax return(s) or requesting my Personal Tax Summaries.
I agree to pay to MyTax.co.nz Limited as a tax return/PTS preparation fee, a sum equivalent to 15% (minimum $20, maximum $500) of all tax refunds paid from every PTS requested by the company on my behalf. I agree that if an IR3 tax return is required the fee will be $99 + 15% of the total year refund. I agree that electronic verification for Drivers Licences will incur a fee of $3 per attempt, if I require a cheque cancellation I will incur a fee of $35, and if I wish my refund to paid be as a cheque I will incur a fee of $2. I agree that I am liable to pay any administration costs and fees incurred for debt collection should I owe MyTax.co.nz LTD overdue amounts.
4. RECEIPT AND PAYMENT OF TAX REFUNDS
In respect of any tax refunds due to me, I give the following authorities:
- for MyTax.co.nz Limited to receive any refund on my behalf and deposit this into the MyTax.co.nz Trust Account;
- for MyTax.co.nz Limited to debit from such refunds and pay to MyTax.co.nz Limited my tax return/PTS preparation fee and other fees as set out above; and
- for MyTax.co.nz Limited to pay the net balance of the refunds to me, either by direct credit into my bank account, or by cheque as per postal address supplied with the filing authorisation.
Mytax.co.nz Limited will not be responsible for cheques lost in the mail and recommends a bank deposit to avoid this risk. Should a cheque be lost in the mail the bank will charge a $35 cancellation fee and this fee will be deducted from the refund before a cheque is resent or a bank deposit made.
5. AUTHORISATION FOR ADVERTISING
I authorise MyTax.co.nz Limited to use my first name, city/town and refund amounts for the Recent Refunds page.
I acknowledge that if my application is not received before the 25th March 2014 it may not be processed before the 31st of March 2014 and therefore I may lose the possibility of a refund for the 2009 tax year.
I understand that while MyTax.co.nz Limited aims to pay the tax refund in 5 working days from application date this time frame can be increased by delays at Inland Revenue for various reasons. I understand the 5 day time frame is not a guarantee.
7. ID VERIFICATION
I agree that MyTax.co.nz LTD has permission to verify my identity by receiving photo ID, using address verification, and/or NZ Driver License verification (if details are supplied by me).
8. AUTHORITY TO BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL AND/OR TEXT MESSAGE (SMS) AND/OR PHONE
I agree to opt in for all email, phone, and text message (SMS) correspondence relating to my tax refunds including reminders to re-apply, questions regarding my tax affairs and important dates. I agree that no opt-out message is required for email and SMS communication involving the business of completing my tax returns and informing me each year when to provide MyTax.co.nz LTD with tax information.
I understand that should I delink MyTax.co.nz LTD as my tax agent, I can contact them to unsubscribe from further correspondence at any time.
9. FLY BUYS POINTS AND FLY BUYS BONUS POINTS
Fly Buys Standard Points:
- Fly Buys standard points will be calculated on the MyTax.co.nz LTD fee charged for tax refunds only.
- 1 Standard Fly Buys point will be collected per $20 spent on tax refund fees
Fly Buys Bonus Points:
I acknowledge that to qualify for 10 Fly Buys Bonus points that:
- This is my first application for a tax refund for the 2013 tax year with MyTax.co.nz LTD or any other refund company
- I must complete my application in full and provide Identification as described in section 7 above.
- That I must be a member of Fly Buys.
I acknowledge that MyTax.co.nz Limited has full and final say whether I qualify for the 10 Fly Buys Bonus points.
10. Site Statistics
The reported average refund on MyTax.co.nz LTD is current as at 31st October 2012 for dates between 1st April and 31st October 2012. It is the average refund of each customer who was eligible for refund. Our average for the last financial year, 1st April 2011 to 31st 2012 was $516 per person who was eligible for a refund. Our average reported refunds are gross (before our fees are removed).
On average we refund over 1 million dollars each month.
93% of our clients have overpaid at least some tax at some point within the last 5 years.
PRIVACY ACT 1993
Information the company obtains in the course of this engagement is subject to confidentiality requirements, in addition to obligations under the Privacy Act 1993. MyTax.co.nz Limited will not disclose that information to other parties without your express consent, except as required by law, to maintain your details with Inland Revenue or to verify your identity with VEDA.
MyTax.co.nz Limited, PO Box 794, Nelson 7040 New Zealand